The GIMP is an image manipulation tool created by “The GIMP Team”. It stands for GNU Image Manipulation. So if you see this term anywhere then they are basically talking about GIMP. It is free, open source and a great alternative to photoshop. Apart from the simple paint programme, the GIMP can do a variety of tasks such as image composition, image construction and photo retouching, a mass production image renderer, an image format converter and what not.
Features of GIMP 2.8.14
The features mention in the introduction are only a fraction of what GIMP can do. Below, you can know about this software in more detail. It provides:
- Selection tools including rectangle, ellipse, free, fuzzy, bezier and intelligent
- Full suite of painting tools including brushes, a pencil, an airbrush, cloning
- Automation, scripts and plug-ins for effects and filters, including Drop Shadow, Blur, Motion Blur and Noise
- Layers, layer masks and channels
- supports variety of file formats such as GIF, JPEG, PNG, XPM, TIFF, TGA, MPEG, PS, PDF, PCX, BMP
Release Notes of GIMP 2.8.14
The GIMP 2.8.14 version has gone through many changes from its previous version. Let’s take a look at the changes that were made.
- support for layer groups in OpenRaster files
- fixes for layer groups support in PSD
- various user inrterface improvements
- OSX build system fixes
- translation updates
How to download GIMP?
If you like the plethora of features it contains and if it suits your requirements, you can download this version of the software from the link given down below. It supports Mac OS, Windows and Linux based systems.