GNU Image Manipulation Program is abbreviated as GIMP. It is a free and open-source raster graphics editor. It is used for retouching and editing the image, free form drawing, converting image formats to another formats and more tasks. GIMP is released under GPLv3+ licenses and portable to Microsoft Windows, macOS and Linux. It was first released as General Image Manipulator Program and later modified as GIMP on issues. It was developed as free software project by volunteers associated with GNU and GNOME project.
Features of GIMP 2.8.2
- GIMP allows image editing through a tool from menus and dialogue windows which consists of filters, brushes, selection, layer, masking tools as well as transformation.
- Colors to the pictures can be applied in several ways in GIMP.
- The built in color chosers have selector or scales, water-color selector and a color wheel selector.
- GIMP is included with number of default gradients and user can also create custom gradients with the available tools in the application.
- Rectangular and circular selection tool, free select tool, fuzzy select tool etc., serves as selection tools in GIMP.
- User can use a brush to paint the area of selection using Quick mask mode.
- Simple interactive Object Extraction is implemented effectively by foreground select tool for extraction of foreground elements like boy or tree in focus.
- Bezier curves also known as vectors can be created using Path tools.
- Image editing is done effectively by clone tool, healing brush, perspective clone tool, blur and sharpen tools, smudge tool, dodge and burn tools.
- GIMP has around 150 standard effects and filters with drop shadow, motion blur etc., along with noise.
- GIMP provides much more editing tools for experience best mode of editing.
How to Download GIMP 2.8.2?
GIMP software can be downloaded by clicking the link given below after the article and installed in your personal computer for better experience of editing.