GIMP is known as GNU Image Manipulation Program which is free and open source graphics editor. GIMP includes converting image formats to another formats, retouching, drawing etc., GIMP has license of GPLv3+ and available in Microsoft windows, macOS and Linux. It was born as General Image Manipulator Program and later changed it’s name as GIMP. Volunteers associated with GNU and GNOME project designed this as a free software.
Features of GIMP 2.8.0
- Drop shadow, motion blur, noise etc., are additional effects of GIMP along with 150 standard effects and filters.
- Clone tool, healing brush, perspective clone tool, blur and sharpen tool, smudge tool, dodge and burn tools will help at the large extent to make incredible edits.
- Path tools available in GIMP helps to draw vectors which are usually known as Bezier curves.
- Extraction of foreground elements like a person or house in focus is done precisely using the process of Simple Interactive Object Extraction.
- Quick Mask mode is available in the latest update of GIMP for painting the area of selection using brush.
- Selection tools available in GIMP are free select tool, fuzzy select tool, rectangular and circular selection tools.
- The color choosers of GIMP have selector or scales, water-color selectors and a color wheel selector.
- GIMP provides multiple ways of applying the required colors to the pictures or drawings in numerous ways.
- As basic tools for an editing software, GIMP contains menu and dialogue box which consists of filters, brushes, selection, layer, masking tools as well as transformation.
How to download GIMP 2.8.0?
In order to download GIMP in you device or PC, simply click on the link given in the article which provides you direct access to download GIMP with ease.