GIMP is a free and open source graphics editor application. GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program. GIMP includes converting image formats to another formats, retouching, drawing and much more. It is GPLv3+ licensed product. It was first born as General Image Manipulator program and further they changes it’s name to GIMP. Volunteers of GNU and GNOME project designed GIMP as a free software. GIMP is now available on Microsoft Windows, MacOS, and Linux.
Features of GIMP 2.6.12
- As a graphics editing software GIMP contains multiple menus and dialogue boxes which comprises of brushes, selection tools, filters, layers etc.,
- Numerous ways of applying to the drawings is possible through the application of GIMP.
- GIMP contains color choosers which have selector or scales namely water-color selectors and a color wheel selector.
- free select tool, fuzzy tool, rectangular tool and circular tools are the different types of selection tools in GIMP.
- The area of selected part using a brush can be painted using the mode called Quick Mask mode which is lately introduced in the update.
- Principle of Simple Interactive Object Extraction is involved in order to extract the foreground elements in the drawing or image.
- Vectors or Bezier curves can be drawn easily using the different type of path tools available in GIMP.
- Incredible edits can be made possible using the tools like clone tool, healing brush, perspective clone tool and sharpen tool etc., in GIMP.
- More than 150 standard effects are available in GIMP like drop shadow, motion blur etc.,
How to download GIMP 2.6.12?
Editing is an art and it is made lively through the help of software like GIMP. So click on the link in the article and install it in your device.