GIMP is an open source free to use computer software which allows users to edit images and create graphics content.GIMP stands for GNU Image Manipulation Program.It can be easily downloaded and used across various platforms. It was developed in 1995 by Spencer Kimball and Peter Mattis. Users can use it as a simple paint program or a fully functional graphics designing software depending on their needs.
Changelogs of GIMP 2.6.10
- Now you can save presets and automatically timestamp presets the last time you used them.
- The PDF plug-in now supports password protected PDF’s and exporting multipage PDF documents.
- GIMP now supports metadata saving for various file formats such as TIFF,PNG,JPEG and WEBP files.
- Updated user interface includes Dark Mode and Symbolic Icons enabled by default.
- Icons are separate from themes and now you choose between both color and symbolic icons.
- The GEGL image library has been fully ported enabling various features across the board such as High Bit Depth Support, Multi-Threading, and GPU side processing.
- Color management is no longer a plug-in but a core feature of GIMP.
- Starting this version, there has been more useful for CIE LAB and CIE LCH.
- The newly introduced Unified Transform tool lets the user make simplified transform operations.
- GEGL based filters have now been included to help render on-canvas controls.
- GIMP now supports multiple new file formats such as PSD,PNG,TIFF with up to 32bit per channel precision.
- This version ships with an array of improvements commonly requested by Digital Painters such as the MyPaint Brush tool.
How to download GIMP 2.6.10
Get GIMP from the button below.