GIMP is essentially an art software designed in competition to Photoshop. The software is very easy to use with its interactive interface which makes it easy to use for people who just starting out with digital art. Moreover, the software is a multiplatform software and is free to download. It is an open source program which also allows the users to create animations. The software offers a wide range of functions which makes it one of the favourite art software amongst the professionals. GIMP has something for everyone who is into digital art and offers a wide range of possibilities.
Features of GIMP 2.6.9
- Free to download- GIMP is free to download which gives it an upper hand over its competitors. People prefer using GIMP over other art software as it offers wide range of possibilities without costing a penny.
- Easy and simple interface- If you are a fresher at digital art, do not worry! GIMP has the most simple interface which would make your job easier.
- Available across various platforms- GIMP is available on multiple different platforms which means that it is accessible to every user. It is available on Windows, Mac OS, Linux and Unix.
- Create animations- The art software allows users to create animations. The user can create small animations by putting together frames and playing them together.
- Supports various file types- GIMP supports pretty much all image file types including JPG, GIF and PNG. The art software also has its own file type – XCF.
How to download GIMP?
GIMP is a free art software and be downloaded online. The safest link to download the software is given below. Click on the link to start your download.