GIMP is an acronym used for GNU Image Manipulation Program. GIMP is a cross platform application with some auxiliary code written in Perl. It is expandable and extensible. It is written and developed under X11on UNIX platforms. The only feature which makes it different from other these types of similar applications is its advanced scripting interface which allows everything from the simplest task to the most complex image manipulation procedures to be easily scripted. It also has many qualities such as it can be used as a simple paint program, an extreme expert quality photo retouching program, an image format converter, etc. GIMP has similar functionality to Photoshop but has a different user interface. GIMP does not require Gnome in order to work.
Features of GIMP 2.1.9
Features of this application are as under:
- Can use for painting. It has a full site of painting tools including brush, pencil, airbrush, etc.
- Also supports custom brushes and patterns.
- Virtually unlimited number of images can open at one time.
- GIMP has full alpha channel support.
- Can edit text layers.
- Also has a foreground extraction tool.
- Advanced scripting capabilities.
- Over 100 plug-ins are already available.
- Load and save animations in a convenient frame as it supports layer format.
- File formats support including gifs, mng, pdf, tiff, xpm and many others.
- Load, display, convert, save to many file formats.
- Icon size is now a configurable option and not a theme feature.
How to download GIMP 2.1.9?
To download this GIMP application just click on the link given below.