GIMP originally is General Image Manipulation Program. GIMP is a free and open-source raster graphics editor used for image retouching and editing, it is released under GPLv3+ licenses and is available for Linux, macOS and Microsoft Windows. GIMP itself is a released as source code.
Features of GIMP 2.1.5
- Tools used to perform image editing can be accessed through toolbox, from menu and dialogue windows.
- They also include filters and brushes, as well as transformation, selection, layer and masking tools.
- There are several ways of selecting colours, including platters, colour choosers and also eyedropper tool to select a colour on the canvas.
- GIMP selections tools include a rectangular and also a circular selection tool, fuzzy select tool.
- Users can use paths to create complex selections, including natural curves. Users can also name and save the paths for reuse.
- There are many tools that can be used for editing images in GIMP. Not only this but it also provides smart tools that use more complex algorithm to do things which in other way is almost impossible or will take much time.
- GIMP has approximately 150 standards effects and filters, including drop shadow, blur, motion blur, and noise.
- Not only these but the image being edited in GIMP can consist of many layers in a stack.
How to download GIMP 2.1.5?
- Download the GIMP installer, you can download this from the link provided below.
- Run the GIMP installer.
- Follow the prompts to install GIMP.
- Select what file formats you want to associate with GIMP.
- Finish the installation.
- And start using GIMP, and have fun!!