The GIMP which is known as GNU Image Manipulation Program is an image and graphic editor which is used for editing, retouching, drawing, and for converting the formats of image into other formats. The GIMP was developed by Spencer Kimball and Peter Mattis in 1996. The GIMP is available for various operating systems such as windows, mac and linux. GIMP has two forms namely single window and multiple window. The GIMP is a renowned software which is generally used on the web, for making films, in medicines for particle size analysis and in commercial art for making the covers of several books. The GIMP software is downloaded by many users from all around the world and has got good reviews from it’s users. The GIMP supports various hardware devices connected through the USB. The design interface of the GIMP is user friendly and any user can operate it easily with no trouble and difficulties.
Features of GIMP 1.1.6
1. The high quality image manipulation can be done with the advanced tools provided by the GIMP.
2. The images can be transformed to purely unique art creations with it.
3. The GIMP creates icons and various graphic elements required for a good interface.
4. The app supports scripted image manipulation using multi-languages such as C, C++, Python and Perl etc.
5. The channel mixer in the app allows you to change the mode of the picture as required.
6. The app supports various image formats such as jpeg, gif, png, psd etc.
7. The disturbances in the image can be cleared therefore resulting in a clear picture.
How to download GIMP 1.1.6?
The GIMP software can be downloaded from the following link-