GNU Image Manipulation Program abbreviated to GIMP is a free and open source raster graphics editor which is used for image retouching and editing, free form drawing, and more specialised tasks. The program was launched in the year 1996 by GIMP Development Team. The 85.4 MB software is released under GNU GPLv3+ license.
Features of GIMP 1.1.4
GIMP offers the following features to its users-
- The app is a cross platform application that is available for Microsoft Windows, Android, and Linux like operating systems. The size of software varies from over different operating systems. The Windows operating system requires 85.4 MB space while the macOS requires 55.9 MB free space.
- GIMP supports importing and exporting with many different file formats. The native file format of GIMP is XCF which is designed to store all information GIMP can contain about an image.
- The software comes integrated with a GEGL which stands for The Generic Graphics Library. It is used to perform high bit depth colour operations.
- GIMP has almost 150 standard effects and filters including Drop Shadow, Motion Blur, and Noise.
- There is support for several methods of sharpening and blurring images. The unsharp mask tools is used to sharpen an image selectively.
- Text layers can be created using the tools available in the Tool Box. It allows the user to write on an image.
- The in-built clone tool copies pixels using a brush.
How to download GIMP 1.1.4?
In order to download GIMP, users can click on the link given below-