GNU Image Manipulation Program abbreviated as GIMP is a free and open source raster graphics editor that is used for image retouching and editing. The program is designed to enable users to edit images including free form drawing on the images. The program also allows to change the format of images and supports a large number of other specialized tasks.. The program was released 22 years ago and hold a good reputation in the field of image editing.
Features of GIMP 1.1.8
- The program works on a large number of platforms which include Linux, MAC OS, Microsoft Windows, BSD and Solaris.
- A large number of features are available to edit the images. Tools used to perform image editing can be accessed via toolbox. The toolbox contains tools that allow adding filters, transformation and selection of images. Layer and masking tools are also available in it.
- GIMP comes with a large number of ways of choosing colors including pallettes, color choosers and using an eyedropper tool to select a color on canvas.
- There are many tools that can be used for editing images in GIMP. Some of them include paint brushes, pencil, airbrush and ink tools.
- GIMP supports importing and exporting with a large number of different file formats. The program uses XCF as its native format.
- Blur and sharpen tools can be used to blurr and sharpen any image.
- The smudge tool can be used to subtly smear a selection where it stands.
How to download GIMP 1.1.8?
In order to download the program for editing images, click on the link given below-