Also expanding to GNU image manipulation programme is a free open source, cross-platform image editor. It is one of the demanded large scale photo editing applications for free, competing with the likes of Adobe Photoshop which in fact has to be paid for. The app works on the 8-bit system also other than the 32bit/64bit systems!
Features of GIMP 4.2.5
● GIMP has a customizable interface which means that the user can vary the widget
theme, color, icon sizes, and the view according to the user’s choice.
● It provides Fullscreen Mode allowing you to edit while previewing your artwork which makes it easier for you.
● There are a plethora of basic selection tools such as rectangular, circular, and fuzzy selection tool and numerous advanced tools like scissors and, the foreground select tool.
● GIMP provides a Quick Mask mode where a user paints the area of a selection by using a brush.
● GIMP can fix photo imperfections like perspective distortion, lens barrel distortion with perspective transform, corrective mode, and various other tools and filter.
● It is the best program for advanced digital photo retouching. You can fix small details using tools like the clone tool or the healing tool.
● GIMP has extensive hardware support including a wide range of USB and MIDI controllers.
● File formats supported by GIMP are TIFF, JPEG, PNG, GIF, TGA, PSD, BMP, XWD, XPM, PIX, CEL, MNG, PPM and, PPX
● Upgradation is free.
How to download GIMP 4.2.5?
The screen graphics are commendable along with a simple and elegant user interface. Available on Linux, Windows, MAC OS, Unix, GIMP though not available on the Play Store is available on its official website. You can download it from there or you can get it from other sites on the internet only when you are sure that the site(s) are reliable and free of malware.