GNU Image Manipulation Program abbreviated to GIMP is a free and open source raster graphics editor which is used for image retouching and editing. The software was released in the year 1996 and was released under GPLv3+ licenses and is available for almost all the operating systems. The 85.4 MB software also helps in doing free form drawing, converting between different image formats and more specialised tasks.
Features of GIMP 4.2.6
The GNU Image Manipulation Program offers the following salient features to its users-
- An image being edited in GIMP can consist of many layers in a stack. Text layers can also be created using a text tools allowing the user to write on the image.
- GIMP has approximately 150 standard effects and filters including Drop Shadow, Blue, Motion Blur and Noise.
- The size of software varies from over different operating systems. The Windows operating system requires 85.4 MB space while the macOS requires 55.9 MB free space.
- The software comes integrated with a GEGL which stands for The Generic Graphics Library. It is used to perform high bit depth colour operations.
- Also, GIMP supports importing and exporting with many different file formats. The native file format of GIMP is XCF which is designed to store all information GIMP can contain about an image.
- It is a cross platform software that is compatible for Microsoft Windows, Linux, and macOS.
How to download GIMP 4.2.6?
In order to download GIMP, click on the link given below-